Monday, April 30, 2012

Free Vintage Roses

What a day today! Very busy and a couple bumps in the road... But we made it through :) We were heading to the grocery store and we have a big truck. Well another big truck thought it could fit past us. WRONG. He started to pull over and then decided to keep going. Well, we got lucky in one sense in that it only took out the entire driver side window. Glass went flying everywhere as it shattered. Scared the heck right out of me. I had the kids in the back who are only 9 and 10. Well, they were screaming hysterical, which made me turn around and realize that so far, so good. They look okay. I then got out of the truck, opened the 3rd door to let them out and not a scratch. I was so happy. They were so shaken up, so I gave them huge hugs -- all the while I'm shaking. It's not a car accident, and no one was physically hurt, but it sure was scary. The cops let the other guy go. The reason being.... The cop didn't see it. That's what she told me. That really aggravated me as well, but I really didn't want to have my kids with me when I end up on an episode of cops. LOL... Plus, arguing won't get you anywhere- no matter how right I was, lol. So I did the correct "parental" thing and said "OK. Thanks." In my head, I'm thinking other words. lol.

Well, I finally decided to take a quick break and just relax tonight and therefor I finally made it to my blogs that I follow, which is so awesome and very needed. Well I came across one of my favorite blogs, Little Birdie Blessings... I "snagged" a graphic (she told me it was okay before, to do so, lol)...


Here is the vintage image....

Of course I had to play with it though, lol.... Because I LOVE doing that!!!! Here are a few.....
It's really relaxing for me :) 

 JPEG Image... White background.... 

 PNG Image... No background.....











Okay.... Off to relax.... 
XOXO
Emily 








10 comments:

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Oh Emily, I'm SO sorry about your accident. Your kids must have been terribly frightened. So glad everyone is okay.

I LOVE what you've done with my old postcard graphic, and am thrilled to see so many options with those pretty pink roses. I'll definitely be using them and will let my blogging friends know about you. GREAT JOB!!

Abby

Dawnll said...

Oh my goodness how scary! i am so glad you are all safe ...and i am so impressed you didn't argue or swear.
I would have had a few choice words for the other driver...lol
Thanks for sharing the beautiful roses.

Mailee said...

So sad to hear that, but glad everyone is ok. Crazy cop.

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Oh Emily that's terrible and I'm so glad you and the kids are alright. Some things just don't make sense, al all.

Love, love, love the roses and all the ways you've offered then. THank You! I had to pin it so others, who don't know you, can visit and get these beauties for themselves.

Créa'Fa said...

So many thanks!! it's really beautiful! I love it...

1CardCreator said...

Close call, so glad you all are OK!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I am glad to hear you are safe!
the roses are just lovely!

Debra Kapellakis said...

What you did was really cool!

Susan Smith - Starsunflower said...

Beautiful work! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I totally get the therapeutic effect from doing graphic design too, lol!

Oh I am so glad you and your family are ok! I used to live in a big city and the people there drove so crazy. It was very stressful indeed. Glad you're all safe.

Dolores F Santos said...

Lindo trabalho. Muito obrigada por compartilhar. Deus a abençõe, e que seja feliz com os seus familiares. ES Brazil. Dolores Falk